Services we specialize in:
Consultations available to review your matter
If you have an issue you'd like to discuss, complete the form on our contact us page and we'll schedule an appointment around your busy schedule.Complete Form
Experienced, Recognized and Effective
Bertini Law has the commitment, compassion and expertise to help. Hear from clients who've we've helped to right wrongs and protect their rights.Hear from Clients
A federal court jury recently awarded $17,500 in damages to a former employee of the Virginia Beach Lifesaving Service after finding the woman was fired for filing a discrimination complaint, the woman’s attorney said. Former lifeguard Robin Lang was able to show that the lifesaving service retaliated against her by firing her after she filed a gender discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, said attorney Lisa A. Bertini, who represented Lang.
Every legal matter is different. The outcome of each legal case depends upon many factors, including the facts of the case, and no attorney can guarantee a positive result in any particular case.
Retaliation after filing gender discrimination complaint
$17,500 in damages
Please Fill In The Form Below
- VBA Labor and Employment Law Section membership and events – Arlene Klinedinst and Lisa Bertini discuss the benefits of membership in the VBA and its Labor and Employment Law Section. They invite attorneys to the 2019 edition of the Conference on Labor and Employment Law, Sept. 12-14. The event, the 49th annual, will be at Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, Virginia. Details at www.vba.org/19labor.
- Fighting for Fairness – As the top lawyer of Labor and Employment Law, Lisa Bertini sticks up for her clients’ rights. Click here to read the CoVaBiz Magazine article by Grace Silipigni
- The Empowering Internet Safety Guide for Women – Have you ever been harassed in the street? Received a crass message on a dating app? Had a coworker make a comment about your appearance that just didn’t sit right? You’re not alone. With the #MeToo movement, it’s easy to log onto Twitter or Facebook and see just how many women are victims of sexual.
- Bertini joins American Arbitration Association – New York, NY/September 20, 2018-Lisa A. Bertini became an Arbitrator/member of the American Arbitration Association® (AAA®)-International Centre for Dispute Resolution® (ICDR®) arbitration panels. Ms. Bertini will continue with her very active employment practice at her firm, Bertini Law, P.C., in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Ms. Bertini’s practice has been dedicated for the last 30 years to.
- Lisa Bertini attends MLK Jr. Memorial in NYC – Lisa attended the Dr. MLK Jr. Memorial at the Fifth Ave Presbyterian Church in NYC to hear the inspiring words of Rev Barber. Then she marched to pray for a change for moral revolution/ revival in front of Trump tower. Woke. Click here to listen to Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II