Services we specialize in:
- Employment Law and Discrimination
Consultations available to review your matter
If you have an issue you'd like to discuss, complete the form on our contact us page and we'll schedule an appointment around your busy schedule.Complete Form
Experienced, Recognized and Effective
Bertini Law has the commitment, compassion and expertise to help. Hear from clients who've we've helped to right wrongs and protect their rights.Hear from Clients
Information on Supporting Mental Health of Employees During COVID-19 and Beyond
A federal court jury recently awarded $17,500 in damages to a former employee of the Virginia Beach Lifesaving Service after finding the woman was fired for filing a discrimination complaint, the woman’s attorney said. Former lifeguard Robin Lang was able to show that the lifesaving service retaliated against her by firing her after she filed a gender discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, said attorney Lisa A. Bertini, who represented Lang.
Every legal matter is different. The outcome of each legal case depends upon many factors, including the facts of the case, and no attorney can guarantee a positive result in any particular case.
Retaliation after filing gender discrimination complaint
$17,500 in damages
Please Fill In The Form Below
- Bostock v. Clayton County Georgia – In Title VII, Congress adopted broad language making it illegal for an employer to rely on an employee’s sex when deciding to fire that employee. We do not hesitate to recognize today a necessary consequence of that legislative choice: An employer who fires an individual merely for being gay or transgender defies the law.
- Disabled State Employees Can’t Sue Virginia for Damages Under ADA – Some attorneys call the exception ‘outrageous. After several years of investigating child pornography cases, Antonio Passaro, a special agent for the Virginia State Police, had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and asked five times to switch to another division. “It’s a horrible unit to be in,” Passaro, a former state trooper from Virginia Beach,.
- Lisa Bertini | 2019 Women in Business Honoree – Owner of Bertini Law P.C. At work: My practice is substantially dedicated to seeking to remedy workplace discrimination and to ensure employees are treated in a nondiscriminatory manner in the workplace, without regard to race, gender, disability, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. I have been named one of the Top 25 Female Lawyers in.
- VBA Labor and Employment Law Section membership and events – Arlene Klinedinst and Lisa Bertini discuss the benefits of membership in the VBA and its Labor and Employment Law Section. They invite attorneys to the 2019 edition of the Conference on Labor and Employment Law, Sept. 12-14. The event, the 49th annual, will be at Lansdowne Resort in Leesburg, Virginia. Details at www.vba.org/19labor.
- Fighting for Fairness – As the top lawyer of Labor and Employment Law, Lisa Bertini sticks up for her clients’ rights. Click here to read the CoVaBiz Magazine article by Grace Silipigni